Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Westie Dog Speed Painting

Hello, toasters!
I hope you're all having a wonderfully festive Christmas Eve :)
For my Secret Santa present, I decided to paint my Auntie's dog, Jack, for her. She seemed to really love it, so that made me feel all lovely and Christmassy!
I thought I'd make a speed-painting video of it, and share it with you all to help you get through the drunk Uncles, indigestion and brussel sprout farts that you will have to face in the days to come.
Enjoy!


Let me know what you think, and maybe i'll make some more :)
Don't forget to like, comment & subscribe for more.
1 sleep to go until Christmas!
Sammie
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey this was so cool! I love these kind of videos, please do some more! Besides, you really CAN paint! I especially loved seeing how you built up the colours of the dog, who would have thought there are some pink and blue undertones in the white fur...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc! I'm loving your posts too, always makes my day when the notification comes through :D
      I'm thinking of doing another canvas in the next few days, I'll film it too.
      I use the blue and red tones underneath to add depth- red brings things forward, and blue makes areas recede, so I always try to use blues in shadows.
      Also, I didn't want to make the dogs fur look muddy by using greys and blacks, I wanted to keep him as brilliantly white as possible
      Thank you so much for reading & commenting!
      Sammie
      xoxo

      Delete